Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PJ Party & massive update.

Okay so here goes for the mammoth task of updating. It has been so long since I did a decent post and so much has happened in the last month.

To start with, probably best to fill you in on the family events.......well as many of you know, my Mum died just over 3 years ago and my dad was really down for a bit there but then started going out and meeting new people. Well I am really pleased to finally be able to announce that my Dad and his lady Val are getting married.

They weren't going to announce the happy event until Val's birthday in February, but thankfully they have decided that the news was far to happy to keep a secret for that long and the happy event is now scheduled for Waitangi Day (6th Feb). I am apparently the coordinator for the event and so far my jobs are all the creative stuff which I am not so good at!!!!!

What else has been happening. Well Simon and I officially joined Lions International, and we have been busy with running the mini golf and going to the oratory contest. I am getting a real sense of community spirit by doing something that is giving back.

Okay so now to me. Well I have not been losing weight really - I seem to have stabalised for anow at 109 kgs. I am really happy with this as I have not really done any exercise although I am waking up earlier now and it doesn't seem like such a chore to go out and head off to the gym. Not sure if I really enjoy the actual gym though, I think curces was alot more fun and only 30 mins long.

On friday last week I met with my surgeon for my 1 year post op check up. It went really well, and he is really pleased with where I am at, although he did tell me off for not taking all of my supplements......actually I have been really naughty and not taken any for ages.

To celebrate our 1 year surgiversary, Annie myself and Michelle arranged to have a slumber party weekend, so I went down to Wellington on Thursday to spend some much needed quality time with the girls. I went down mid morning and met my brother for lunch on the Thursday and then popped over to my old job and caught up with the team there. I then popped out to Westfield shopping centre and caught up with Jo. Was fantastic to see her and I realised I had not seen her since March 2007.

After coffee with Jo I met Annie there, and she had an appointment with a salon so I decided to get my nails done. Money very well spent and I am constantly amazed at how something so small can affect your outlook on yourself.

We headed over to pick up Michelle and we had a dinner of chicken and salad wraps and then headed out to a tupperware party for one of Annies workmates. I ended up buying a lunch box type container which has 4 sections, which hopefully will make lunches a bit easier.

After the Tupperware party we went to Annies house in Upper Hutt, and pulled out the mountain of clothes that Michelle has shrunk out of. We had many laughs that night with all the trying on and catching up and it looked as though I would be spending a while heap of cash on new clothes as it seemed most of the either fit me or were too big.!!!!

We had a lazy morning the next morning and had lunch at subway before heading of to see Zola and David at Southern Cross hospital. Was just like in hospital - us three causing havoc nd laughing so much. We all looked stunning and as usual we forgot to take a pic.

That night was more laughing and chatting and I finally decided on what clothes I was going to buy. I made some really good choices and did not overdo it. I think I must have come home with about 30 new garments though and even some extra special ones.

Saturday morning came far too fast and it was time for me to head off around lunch time to spend the rest of the weekend with Si and of course to vote. As I mentioned we forgot to get pics of us in our gladrags, but since the time was meant to be a 1 year anniversary of when we all hung out I think we spent more time in our PJ's - here is a couple of pics of us in them amongst the mountain of clothes that we were trying on. Actually every sitting surface had clothes on it!!! Was fantastic.





The rest of the weekend was really relaxed. Got out and voted and then went to the A&P show which was at manfield park. Was really impressed with all the Alpaca's there and if I had some land I would be tempted to get one or two.

On Sunday we decided that we really want to put in a veggie garden (although I hate gardening)so we picked up the Rotary Hoe from dad's and are busy turning over the soil this week, getting ready to plant in the next couple. I will try to take some pics when we have it looking a bit nicer and fenced off from the dog andwhen it is ready for planting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl you are looking awesome :-). And well done on your fantastic loss the last year.

    ReplyDelete