Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rough Patch

Going through a bit of a rough patch and a very busy time at the moment. There is just so much going on and it is kind of doing my head in.

As I mentioned the wedding was fantastic, but certainly was not the end of my duties and responsibilities. As the happy couple were off swanning around the North Island (good on them), I was looking after my dad’s business emails and mail, and feeding the cat and watering the plants. Thankfully I didn’t kill the plants, although it did come close as I forgot about them for the first few days and thought they wouldn’t bounce back.

During this time Si’s parents made the move south from Auckland to Feilding, and things did not go smoothly at all. The moving company has given them a big run around which included losing a whole container of stuff, and then when it was delivered several items are missing and another 10 or so severely damaged. It has been very stressful on both of them, and Si’s dad had to go back to Auckland for another 2 weeks of work. He should be here this weekend hopefully and then the unpacking can begin in ernest.

We had a meeting with the ACC doctor for a check up as to where he is at and whether in their opinion he can go back to fulltime work. Well, the upshot of all of that is the ACC doctor cannot see any reason medically why Si cannot go back to fulltime work, he realizes that it will be very hard to adjust going back mentally, emotionally as well as just plan exhausting. So we are really happy about that, although it does mean that he now has got 4 weeks to find fulltime work……..and then his money stops…….so very very stressful.

On the work note. Si is currently working for us part time, which might lead to fulltime depending on the outcome of our tender to the Animal Health Board for the next 4 years. It is kinda of dependant if we actually grow or stay the same….if we get the same, then he will stay the same – ie part time, and we can’t afford to do that…..well we will until he finds something fulltime. But hopefully we will have grown in areas which mean that he will switch to fulltime and we will be working together. The problem here is that the tender result was expected mid to late February. Perfect timing you could say…….trouble is that we have heard that we can expect the result in at least 2- 3 weeks time, and that may even be longer…….so now we are at a dilemma, do we stick with the guaranteed part time and pretty good money, or try for fulltime work……..which will mean that if we get the tender we will have to find /train more staff..

We were also looking at the possibility of kids, but at the moment it just seems like that would be in the too hard basket – financially and emotionally. So I never thought I would hear myself say this, but hopefully I am not pregnant.

On the weightloss side of things, I have been losing slowly over the past few weeks and am now sitting at 102.3 kgs – which is a total loss of 74.7 kgs since I started this journey back in the last week of September 2007. I get a bit frustrated that the weightloss has slowed down to much and that when I look at the pics etc I still feel as wide as a house, especially on my bottom half. Now I also realize that I could have done more to help with the toning and weight loss, and that I have relied on the tool doing the majority of the work. Looking back this was not the smartest idea, but hell, can’t turn back time now, and have to just suck it up and move forward.

So sorry about the pity woe is me type of post, just trying to muddle through what feels very overwhelming at the moment.


  1. Wow 74.7 kgs is like a whole person, what an amazing loss, you should be very proud, as you say it is a tool, you have had to work with it.well done, and good luck for everything else in your rather hectic life!!!

  2. I hope everything settles down for you guys soon!
    And you should be damn proud of 74kgs!! HELL YES YOU SHOULD!!! lol

  3. Wow nearly 75kilos gone bloody awesome and hope things settle down soon...