Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 3

Day 3 of Bike ownership and I have gotten out for a ride every day. I only started off with a short 2km ride to get a feel for it, and then the next day we did about a 3.5 km ride. 
Today however since I don't start work till midday I decided I was going to ride to the river path and then make my way to the bridge. I got there and it was about 3.5 km, so I decided to go on till I had done 5km and then  I turned around and came home. So in total today I rode 10 kms!!!!!!! It felt fantastic and I know it has be on a high for the rest of the day. Now to get ready for work and to get dinner in the crockpot so it is done when I get home.

Here is a picture of my bike. We spent ages getting the right bike....and I think it is wonderful. 


2 comments:

  1. Janene, that is a great development! We brought two bikes with us to Auckland 5 1/2 years ago with the best of intentions but have not touched them yet. You might enjoy reading about the biking (and weight loss) adventures of this classy woman from New York - I live vicariously through her at times:

    http://www.sherylyvette.com/

    Honestly, I think that you might be onto a great thing! Happy biking and keep safe. You have inspired me today. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy our biking, be careful on the road!

    ReplyDelete