Saturday, November 24, 2007

Safe and well in Auckland and another year older

Sorry for the lack of updates, with being in hospital, then at a motel and then in Auckland I kinda forgot to login.

The hospital stay went well, pretty much like clockwork, even down to "the second day blues". I had so much fantastic support, with vistors. I think I had 10 different visitors all up, which the nurses thought was really funny, as for a girl being from Wellington, it sure seemed like I was from Hamilton since I knew so many people.

I really must thank Carol & Brian & their daughter Brenda for being there for me, and really being my second family while I was away. It was great to see Jackie for a visit, although I think I was really tired that day, and some of it went by in a bit of a blur. It was also the day I was a bit down.

We got to meet a few of the nzbypasser ladies, and one of my nurses just about didn't recognise one of them as she has lost so much weight since her op 6 months ago. It was kinda funny meeting them, as Annie and were a bit nervous about the eating, and the ladies were telling us about all the stuff they can now eat, which to us at the moment seems unreachable. I guess you really haev to remember that all this surgery has done is given me the tool to use wisely to lose this weight, if I don't get my head sorted as well, it won't be as successful. Yes I will still lose weight, but not at well as I would if I follow the guildlines.


I also must say that Southern Cross Hospital in Hamilton has the best nursing team, and in particular Ashanna (my main nurse), Jean, Nita and Glennis were all so wonderful. Some of them kept commenting on how positive Annie and I were, but I tell ya, they helped that along alot, and I promised I will send up some pics from time to time as things change.

So after I was discharge we rang the motel to say we were on our way, I had arranged an early checkin when I booked, but the man seemed confused and finally said that the room would be ready in ab out 30 mins, I said fine as we had to go to the supermarket to get some food. Got to the motel and he had forgetten about us, so he raced off to finish the room, and then gave us the key........but the cleaner still had to clean the spa pool.

The next morning at the motel, we got a phone call to say our breakfast was going to be late...as you guessed it, they forgot about us.!!! When I went to checkout they charged me more than what I was quoted,(they added gst) and he then had the cheek to ask for the pin number to my eftpos card!!!! I will be making a huge complaint to someone.......this was meant to be a 4 star motel.

Headed off to Auckland, stopped at PB technologies shop and bought Simon & I a couple of 19 inch widescreen lcd monitors....so gaming will be even more fun now.
They are pretty much our Xmas pressies, although we are thinking of a digital camera of a lcd telly but i think it depends on the money front. I really need to win lotto!!!

It was Birthday on Friday, and Simon bought me some really nice Body shop cream stuff which contains vitamin e, so should help with the skin elasticity.....and hopefully reduce the about of loose skin i will get as part of my weightloss.

I know some of you are dying to know how much I can eat atm, and yes, it is very limted for the first 2- 3 weeks. So here gos yesterdays mealplan......can soemone work outhow many points this is? I think it is about 3 - 4 points per day.

Breakfast
1 poached egg

Lunch
1 cruskit with hummus
1 cruskit with a scraping of marg & vegemite

Dinner
Approx 5 teaspoons of mashed roast pumpkin (Requested for Birthday dinner)

Anyhow, I am not feeling hungry, although the head still tells you differently sometimes.

Well, I am off to have some pills and to figure out what we are going to do in Auckland today. We might go to the museam or to the zoo. Actually the zoo might be good today as it is overcast and therefore not so hot and I think it is meant to rain on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. good to hear u so positive good on ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to say Hi :)

    Jaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying Hi will buzz you tonight or this weekend and catch up :)

    Jaxx

    ReplyDelete