Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I have an idea.

I have a huge idea.......as many of you know, I really want to go to the next WLSFA Meet & Greet in Las Vegas next year in May, but with the budget the way it is, that is unlikely to happen!!! So how do I make it happen!!!! How do I get to be here



I have been thinking....I am useless at saving, but what can I do to get here, that is not only raising money but also getting healthier and I thought about, what if I was to find people willing to sponsor me to get back on track and shed this extra weight that has crept on. Maybe sponsoring me $10 per kg I manage to get off. I would only need 10 people to do that if I was successful in getting back down to 99 kgs, and it would pay the airfares!!!!!

So I am really thinking about doing that. Will see what happens over the next couple of weeks, as I plan if it is possible. I guess if I can find enough people, I could even make it $5 per kg, and if I could find a corporate sponsor who would be willing to help would be fantastic!!!!

I would love some ideas about how I can make it to Las Vegas people!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is a great idea. Maybe you could approach some of the companies that sponsor the Meet & greet you hold, maybe in return for some product promotion they would be willing to help with costs.

    It would also give you ideas on the one you hold here which would enhance their brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the sponsership but guess if you can find people who will sponser then go for it but I would seriously think about the saving option as your comment 'I'm useless at saving' sounds like you feel your defeated before you even start.

    My father had a few favourite mantras and one of them was " If you want something badly enough, then with some perserverence and scarifice, anything is possible" and he was a HUGE encourager to 'save, save, save'. I think the fact he went through the after effects of the depression and he had to leave school at age 12 to go work in order to help bring money into the family home really made him appreciate the value of a dollar and its done his darnest to have this rub off on all us kids.

    I am definately a saver, not a spender (I love retail therapy, but will bargain hunt and shop around to get the absolute best deals). If the Las Vagas trip is next year then there is plenty of time to start putting some pennies away and save for it. Its just a matter of making it a priority and being willing to make a few scarfices to make it a reality.

    If your not one to pop $20 or 30 away for a rainy day, its not too late to start. I ferret away min $50 a week and have done for ages. I just pretend that its a bill and it is an auto payment that leaves my a/c each week. I forget about that bit of money earnt each week as it goes out at the same time as my pay goes in so I never have it in my account to tempt me. Its amazing how quickly such a small scarifice adds up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sausage sizzles lol.... hey I can't afford a lot but would be happy to make a small, very small donation :-)

    ReplyDelete