Friday, September 14, 2012

I read something today


That made me think about my decisions and my choices. It was on my friend Janie's facebook page. She is one of the lovely ladies I met in Las Vegas, and we shared some special moments together.




“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” ― Joel Osteen-
The other thing that has really made me think over the past week (while I have been home sick with the flu) is a Post op and a Doc webinar I logged into on Thursday. It was all about motivation, and at the end of the day, there is no motivation tree, or it is not just going to sneak up on me, I have to make a decision, and by seeing that through the motivation will grow and develop, especially as I see results.

I also had a look back to when I was at my lowest (just before getting sick) and what was I doing, I was blogging and doing you tube updates a lot more regularly than I am today, and that in itself motivated me to get out and do more. I have the resources to do this, including my bike (although with being sick I have not been on her for a while).

So what am I going to do.

  1. Get back to basics water, protein, low carb and correct portion size.
  2. Do some form of exercise every single day. 
  3. Have my supplements every single day.
  4. Get support - by using my blog and you tube and sharing what I am doing.
  5. Get some professional help to sort out some of my head issues. 
One of the other things that has played on my mind this week, is from a clip of Michelle Vicari from The World According to Eggface. She is extremely well known for her WLS recipes and to most of the WLS world she comes across as very confident. So it was a shock to hear that she still has issues with accepting who she is and how she relates to people. So that leds me to trying to get in touch with who I am, and what do I believe about myself. How do I relate to the world? I think I need to take my surgeons offer up to do some work on this area and to see the counselors.

Since I am going to be putting myself back out there in the public eye again, I would love to have some feedback, so please just post a message to help me along with number 4 - Get support. If you don't normally comment, please this time, comment (even if you don' t have a blogger account - just choose anonymous in the drop down box) or send me an email with your thoughts janine.hallewell@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Janine, I can so relate to what you are saying. We do make choices every day and I too am struggling with my choices at the moment. I have noticed that when you are struggling you don't blog and now I can u tube and you don't LOL. Your list of to do's is a great place to start and something to focus on for me too. Eggface on FB said yesterday My mantra when tempted by poor choices: Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment. How true is that.
    I am only a phone call away and I am looking forward to when we are both able to bike again. I find if I exercise it is easier to make healthier choices instinctively! Thinking of you and sending hugs your way. Cheers, donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I will be getting back into the biking very soon - just waiting for my breathing to settle down.

      Delete
  2. Am here to support you :), you can do this...like Donna only a phone call away. Small steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for doing this with honesty and sharing your journey - it IS incredibly helpful to someone like me just starting out! Am bookmarking your blog and wishing you well on your continuing journey, Chele (the new girl!)

    ReplyDelete