Friday, March 5, 2010

Oopsie Rolls....

Well so many of you have asked what oopsie rolls are......they are rolls made out of egg and cream cheese.....I know it sounds weird, but it works. There are heaps of oopsie recipes out there, just Google it or even look up you tube for video's of how to make it.

Things are going well with the no/low carb although my weight is not dropping. I am not stressing about it, as I know I am doing what is best for my body long term and at least when I go and see my surgeon's team in May I will be able to honestly say that I have been following the program.

I was trying to explain to someone the other day that even though I have lost 75 kgs I still feel like a bit of a failure in some respects.....I know I am not, but sometimes that self doubt falls into my head and it takes a few days to shake it.

Anyway, my recipe for Oopsie Rolls

This recipe is a must for any new or longtime low carber. Bread is one of those high carb foods we are or in my case was used too and can be quite difficult to replace.

The Oopsie Roll is really simple to make and doesn't take long to whip a batch.

Ingredients

3 large eggs

1 teaspoon of sweetener of your choice (this is optional), especially for savory dishes.

A dash of salt

A pinch of cream of tartar

3oz or 85g Cream Cheese (full fat) Do not soften!

Directions

Preheat oven to 300F or 150C degrees.

Separate the eggs.

To the yolks add sweetener (optional), salt, and cream cheese to the yolks.

Use a blender or mixer to combine the ingredients together.

In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.

Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray or use a silicon mat and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly or for a pizza base spread entire mixture evenly over sheet.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes in the upper part of the oven, keep an eye on the time because they will go dry and crumbly if baked too long.

For the Buns:- let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.

For the Pizza Base:- Leave on the tray and apply your pizza sauce and toppings just before you put it back in the oven to grill.

Makes 6 at about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per (depending on sweetener used)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm they sound hard to make lol, but think I will try them and yeah I could have goggled but was to lazy lol....

    ReplyDelete