Well I don't seem to be at a really good space at the moment, I have been really slack with watching my carbs and the weight has crept back up to around 104 kgs....this morning it was 103.9 kgs, although this past week I have had some health issues.
I also have some other issues going on, which I don't really want to talk about here, so I have started another blog for my own private thoughts - ones that I do no censor as much and it will be a place where I can just let it hang out so to speak and not wonder who the sometimes 100 hits per day are coming from. If you want to be part of my thought processes and if you think that you might be able to offer some constructive and positive advise then send me and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite to the private blog.
The organising for the National Meet & Greet for WLS patients, supporters or those interested in having the surgery is going fantastically.
Highlights of the program so far -
- Pre-Surgery information from different surgeons covering different surgeries.
- Dealing with the Head & Heart Stuff - we have a therapist on board as well as a psychiatrist who himself has had WLS
- Getting the food right - a segment on post op food ideas and ways to make the most of our tool.
- LISA O'NEILL from Good Morning is also very excited to be able to provide a 2 hour session on how to look good through the different phases of losing and also finding your style post op. We are hoping that one of the local stores will also allow us and exclusive shopping hour on the Sunday morning so we can shop in piece & quiet....but that will depend on how many are interested and if the shop thinks it will be worthwhile....still working on this.
- A WLS friendly lunch
- Vendor stands - from Supplements companies, home gym gear, support clothing, plastic surgeon, medical finance company, protein powder companies, gym memberships, sports shoe providers. - All hopefully offering conference specials or discounts.
- Information stands - such as the Real women's Du-athlon and the Special K Tri series. Things that are not for profit goal related ideas that we want to be able to try when we get to goal and get healthy.
- A Clothing swap/sale
- Giveaways and prizes from WLS supportive companies from both here in NZ and overseas.
- Testimonies from people who are at different stages of the journey who may or may not have had it plain sailing
- Dinner & Dancing
That's it from me so far....back ontrack with the lower carbs......not ruling them out all together, just being a little bit more sensible than I have been this past couple of weeks. I see my surgeon and his team again in 6 weeks and I want to make sure I am in the best place I can be, both health wise and head wise.