Sunday, November 6, 2016

100 Days Challenge




So, I am setting myself a challenge, for the next 100 days. It is pretty simple, I need to do several things each day, to help myself get fitter and healthier.I am not focussing on the scale, in fact, I will weigh in tomorrow morning and that will be it for the 100 days.  I will also do some measurements, so I can see where I am at.

The challenge is in the following parts:

Eat healthier - Make smarter decisions. Not cutting anything out specifically, but keeping it lower carb where I can, and upping the veges. Increasing the water intake.

Get more sleep - Go to bed at a reasonable time, and sleep, not watch telly in bed. Aim for 8 hrs per night.

Move my body daily - Ït is not what you do, but how often you do it" & "Consistency of  doing something".

Keeping more accountable by blogging, you tubing, facebook live, anything to help me do this and get to where I am fitter, stronger, healthier than I have been in a while.

So, how am I going to do that, well, eating healthier, is about making decisions....and also surrounding myself with good choices. Granted there will still be the occasional treat, but to honor the word occasional, instead of everyday...

I am going to move my body in several ways, I have my fitness tracker, so will be keeping an eye on steps, but also have a treadmill and an exercise bike in my garage. My intention is to use them more when it is too wet to go outside, and instead vary things up a bit, but walking around the litte lake by the supermarket, but going down to Aotea Lagoon. Going to the water aerobics class. - something, everyday.

Getting more sleep is important  right now. Si's back is not the best right now, so that means I need to be taking care of myself more than ever. As many of you know, I don't sleep well, and take sleeping pills to help me sleep. I have recently dropped the dose down to 1/2 a pill, but at the moment, I am not sure I could sleep without it. It is something eventually I want to get off,but for now, that is something to work through with the Dr.

On saying that, my bed time has rolled around and although I have a heap more I want to say, and I was planning on doing a video, that in itself would take too long. So, taking care of me, means night night, and the video can wait.

Hugs & snuggles

Janine



1 comment:

  1. Well done Janine.You are well on your way to success.Slow & steady wins.
    Of course it's not a race it's as you say lifestyle.You go girl.

    Southgirl.x

    ReplyDelete