Sunday, November 20, 2016

Post catch up. Days 5-14

Days 5 - 14 updates,

Sure feels like I have covered a lot is the missing 9 days.

Day 5 was a regular  Friday, and ones we had close friends coming for Friday night curry and drinks nigh, and I prolly had a little to much and didn't drink enough water I went to bed too late since I had had to work on Saturday.  Back from a busy day at work, grabbed a quick bit before rushing out to check out a possible new venue for our medieval reenactment which has enough space for archery. Unfortunately is seems a little on the pricey side as our club fees are really low, and we don't have any funding to help us out. Not sure the club would want to raise fees.

Day 7 Sunday.- Don't remember much, apart from having a quick peek at the scales and they coming down. Pretty sure I slept in late. I went to the Wellington Support Group Meeting run by Andrea at one of the downtown apartments. I had not met any of the women before, but man it was such a supportive group. Out of the 6 or 7 other people, only two of us hadn't done the retreat at Foundation for Healthy Living that Andrea & David run in Ohakune. I am going to one with Connie Stapleton in April. It will be fantastic to see her again, but more so to help with coping strategies as to food situations where I don't feel in control, or I let the choices become emotional.

Day 8, 9 &10 - Started very early on Monday morning with the 7.8 earthquake. I got awoken by Simon telling me to get out of bed, but as I had only had my sleeping pill about 90 mins before I was too tired to rouse properly and I stayed in bed for it, vaguely thinking maybe I should move, but couldn't. I was then awake for the next couple of hours as felt all the aftershocks, as they all made me feel nauseated. I think I finally feel asleep again around 2:30 pm.

Woke up, to find work was canceled for the day, so ended up just pottering around home, not really knowing what to do with myself, but keeping an eye and ear on telly and social media as our team from work communicate via Facebook. Si too was home due to earthquake. Popped to local shop and got a couple of essentials, and settled in ready to go back to work, which due to the earthquake and then the flooding, didn't happen. By Wednesday I wanted to get back to doing something, Si needed a haircut,and it was grocery shopping day, so went to the mall and I finally got my eyes tested whilst Si had his haircut. Even with all the mess etc they have hardly changed, so that is great.

Day 11 - Thursday saw us going to work at our Upper Hutt office. About 30 of us went all up, and although I took my lunch, our manager shouted pizza, and we all had a little meeting thing at the same time, so I didn't end up sticking to plan. We ended up not being able to do the normal phone work there, but I did my normal written work, whilst some of the others learnt a new process, so that was cool. I know we were really appreciated for sticking our hands up and making it work. I had been a bit worried about with the building near us being cordoned off how I was going to get up to work safely as my carpark is no longer available as it is the outsid entrance of the building they are going to have to demolish and because of that building, they have blocked the road, and therefore the buses won't be going up the hill, and with my current fitness, I can't walk up the hill without my blood pressure going up and me feeling funny.  One of the Team leaders from work, who used to work with me in Palmy knew I was worried, so she arranged with the Facilities Management and my direct manager for me to have a carpark for Friday, and next week. I think after that I might try and take the train and then catch the bus up the hill, if the road is open. It will depend on how I am feeling as some days walking more than 200 meters is a struggle.

Day 12 - Friday. Back into work at the regular office with my carpark downstairs. Our building looks a bit of a mess as the plasterboard has cracked, but the big concrete columns have not one chip of paint off them. The building did its job. That hasn't stopped from taking a grab bag into work though with my old sneakers, some underwear and socks as well as a few days of pills and some food like cups of soup, protein bars, tinned tuna etc.

Day 13  -  Woke up super early to pee, but I think it coincided  with an after shock, so didn't go back to sleep. Headed of to the Harris Family Christmas at Sanson, which was good. It is so nice to catch up with all the cousins etc. Then we headed over to see Simon's mum in Palmerston before heading home. I was obviously over tired as everything Simon suggested food wise or he fiddled with in the car got me frustrated and kinda angry. So I. The end of tried to explain to him that I am trying to take the feeling away from food, and not put emotion into it.  I came home looked I. The fridge, decided I was hungry and was more tired than anything, so took my pills and was in bed by just after 9pm. I attempted to start writing this, but my eyes kept shutting and looking back at it the words didn't make sense.

Day 14 - woke to the stupid alarm clock going off, could have stayed in bed We need to do a few things around the house today and heading to the recycling yard. We have a camp next weekend, so making sure we have everything organised to go onto the trailer. I am also thinking about doing some sewing this afternoon. Just to make a couple of tube type skirts to go over the top of leggings.......more workplace appropriate than just leggings and a top. More of a layered look.
I also really need to get back on the bike and treadmill. It is amazing how a few days disruption can alter so much how you are going.

I also said I wasn't going to weigh in much as the scales are very up and down with me......I lied. I just need to know what they are doing, especially when I have something that is quite salty.  So, by Wednesday last week, they were looking to be down by about 5kgs, but I really think some of that was due to sleeping heaps, being stuck at I weighed today and it was 146.1 kgs, so that is a loss in 2 weeks of 2.8 kgs.

1 comment:

  1. Don't blame you about bringing a bag with meds etc into work with you. The country is doing funny things the past few years. Awesome about the weight loss :)