Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Progress - Getting on top of things.......slowly

Not really sure what to write here, but it is 4:25 am and I can't sleep - let me tell you I have had enough sleeping for a little bit, but still I am very very tired and could sleep again all day. This flu has really knocked me around on top of my other health issues.

I foolishly went to work on Thursday after all my running around on Wednesday with the interview and the Dr's and xray etc. They said that I would not find out how the xray went till 5-7 working days so I booked in to see Dr Wednesday this week for an update and a game plan as to where to from here. So Thursday I got worse and worse as the day went by and told my workmates that unless a miracle occurred I would not be back till Monday. Friday was a no go, I just was all stuffed up in the head with a heavy cold, got some meds and over the weekend started to get a little better - I sleep really badly when I am sick, so I always go to the spare bed as then I can cough and splutter and read etc anytime of day or night and not be a nuisance.

On Saturday night developed a pain in my righter shoulder and chest and it hurt to breathe to deeply and I had a lot of trouble sleeping on both Sat and Sun nights, so I changed my appointment to the Dr's to the Monday morning instead of Wednesday in the hope that my chest xray was back....and it was. And it was clear. Thank goodness. However, he did say that he had more of my bloods come back as well, and although all of the ones nutritional had come back great, 3 of the the ones for auto-immune disorders etc had come back - (weakly positive), so although they are positive they are on the very low side of positive and as my full blood count had come back so well, he didn't think it was anything of concern, but he was going to refer me to a Rheumatologist to try and sort it out from here on in.

I had taken Si with me today and I broke down at the Dr's a couple of times as this is just getting to hard to deal with on top of the job situation not knowing where our future lies at the moment. He was very understanding but did remind me that I have to just focus on one thing and that is getting better. No point trying to find a super job that I can't do. Oh - no word back from the supermarket yet either.

So while we were at the doctors he was going to do a needle biopsy on one of my lumps but he felt that because I was so upset it was probably the last thing I needed, so he just sent me off for another blood test instead. So Si took me for that, came home had some lunch and then Dad came around for some wood as we no longer need it. Made him a cuppa and was back in bed by 2pm - slept till Si got home around 5:15pm and hence why I am probably awake at 4:39 am!!!

Got a phone call from the Dr at 5:46 pm last night saying that he had got my blood test result back and it was no wonder I was feeling like crap.......apparently my liver function is well out of range and he has got an urgent referral for me to the hospital medical registrar for first thing in the morning. He has asked them for an urgent ultrasound, which we are hoping with show that my gallbladder is in a right state......and that should hopefully explain some of the issues I have been having - not all of them, but some of them. If it is not that, then there are some other avenues that they have to consider. So hopefully that is all it is, and we will know the treatment plan by tomorrow night.

Am I scared? - Not really, just want to get this sorted out and get better. I am not sure how long this will take or if I will end up being admitted or not....will let ya know.

Oh, one more thing - although I am not so ready to claim this as I should be, and part of it feels like I have only acheived it becuase I am sick. I am sitting at 98.6 kgs now.......so yes I am under the hundy, but it kinda is bitter sweet at the moment, and I am hoping that when I am back to being well, I don't bounce back up there.


  1. Hey you..... Keep smiling, and the sun will shine. We here in Taihape are thinking of you, and wishing you all the best today.

  2. What a rough patch for you! Take care and hang in there. Easier said than done but try not to stress too much about the job - I'm sure something will come up, the main thing is getting you better.

  3. I am sorry you are having such a rough time. Hopefully it will all be sorted soon, make sure you take care of yourself.

  4. Aww. I do hope everything is okay and that you get better soon. :\