Have been a bit quiet over the last little while as we were waiting to hear back about our tender for the next 4 years worth or work. Unfortunately the company I work for was not successful in retaining the work, so that means that at the end of June I may be out of a job. The result also means that Si will not be coming on board with us either, he has been working part time from home for the last 9 months as part of his rehab back to work. The good news is however that ACC are happy with his progress and have signed him off. So his ACC finishes on March 29th and we will be down to 1.5 incomes.
It is going to make things extremely tight financially, but we will make it, and do what we can to survive. We are moving house next week to a bigger warmer, house which of course is more expensive, but thankfully is a much more positive environment. The house we are in now is very draining and I am sure it is just the negativity that seems to ooze out of it. It is also the most coldest house I have ever lived in. Si and I also bicker more in this house than any other. Not all out arguments, but bickering like you would never believe.
Work has been weird this week because of the result and I ended up taking yesterday afternoon off as annual leave. I just couldn’t handle the stress and the other people at work (apart from 1) don’t seem to give a shit and don’t realize how much this has impacted on us. I have been involved in this field now for the last 4 years and I really enjoy the program, so it is like I am feeling a bit lost.
I know that I will be able to find something else. Not sure what yet, but I will get there. Not sure if it will pay as well, and at the moment my boss is looking at the options and is thinking that he might be able to redeploy us in other areas of the business. I am not sure about it at the stage, as although I am pleased he is trying to look out for us, I don’t know where I would slot in, and certainly not sure if I would enjoy doing any other aspects of the business. But I will wait and see what happens.
So, this year appears to be the year of re-invention of careers for both Simon and myself and I might look at doing a couple of night courses to upskill in some areas. I am more than a little scared. It also means that the kids aspect might be on hold again.
The only thing I can do at the moment is be positive, and try to see this as an opportunity rather than a loss. That in itself is hard at the moment, and maybe I will see things clearer once we get Si a fulltime job. Then maybe I could look at what my options are.
So if anyone knows of any work going in the Manawatu…….we would love to hear from you!!!!