Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Great resource for planning walks

I have started to try and get myself sorted for when I get to the new house and have some walks all planned out already. I am loving Mapometer website as a resource and I used to use it previously. I have already worked out 3 walks from my house and they start at 2.67 km and work up to the town block which is 8km!!!

I am also looking at starting the Couch 2 5KM program at some point - although I think I will do it as a walking program first, and then build up to running. More on that in a couple of days!!!

I am thinking that I would like to get back to swimming at some point as well, although I really don't like the sharpei legs and I do have lycra swim shorts they are just not that comfortable. The Makino Swimming pool is really good and if I am not working then I will try and head to some of the daytime aqua classes.

Oh I have also applied for a job at a company I used to work for when I worked in Auckland, and it was a job I loved. This is only an on call casual postion and it will involve shiftwork, but it would be nice to get a foot back in the door and ease my way back in. I am hoping that a contact I have makes things a bit easier - but we will see. Fingers Crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your job hunting as well Janine! Not very much about, especially as I'm being a little picky at this stage. Quite interesting seeing how the different employment agencies work. I'm sure the right job will come up for both of us!

    ReplyDelete