Sunday, January 15, 2012

LSA Wrap - a Step by Step guide with pictures

So many people have been telling me that they don't believe making the LSA Wrap could be so easy, so here is the recipe with pictures of each stage. The recipe was from http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/

Ingredients
1 egg
2 1/2T LSA (ground linseed sunflower & almonds)
1T olive oil or melted butter
1T water
1/2t baking powder
Salt & pepper



Method:
Put the ingredients in a bowl 




Mix all ingredients well

Pour into an oiled(I used a spray) dish

Roll around dish to make even

 Microwave on high from 2-3 mins (mine takes 2:30)

 Remove from dish as soon as possible

 Cool for a few minutes on wire rack

While cooling get choose your filling

Enjoy

Today's wrap was just as scrummy as the first one I made,and I even cut off some to give to Simon to try. He thought it was also amazingly scrummy. I am going to make one tomorrow morning to take to work for lunch and see how the wrap holds up. I was going to try just taking it flat and making it all at work, but that would still be annoying, so I am going to make it just like above and put it in gladwrap and see how it goes. I think it would be best to put it in the fridge at work, due to the egg. Either that or an insulated lunchbox  with a slicker pad(which I have).

Apparently you can also cook these like a pancake in a non stick pan, but this way seems so quick and easy compared to a pan.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!! I might link to this off my blog - is that OK? I actually think this is one of the best low carb things I have found. I tried it like pancake but not so good. In the microwave is best and mine also take 2.30 minutes. Fantastic huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also made these - after fine tuning the cook time to match my microwave - voila - one perfect wrap. nb You can toast the wrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also today I made another muffin with raspberrys and I sprinkled a few fine slivers of almond on top - they are soooo delish..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look fabulous and love the step by step instructions! Gonna try one of these at the weekend when I do the shopping so I can get some LSA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good! You say 'scrummy' we say 'yummy'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. can these be frozen?

    ReplyDelete