Monday, February 14, 2011

Appreciate imperfection

Wow, what a fabulous day I had yesterday. Got up and got ready to have Leigh & Maryanne pick me up and then we headed down to Wellington to see the guys at the Wellington WLS meeting. It ws fantastic and I caught up with a whole heap of people (inlcuding some who first inspired me with their WLS stories) and I also met a whole new group of people. 

It was brilliant to see so many of us in one room, I didn't really get a chance to get around everyone and get to know them, but I now have some more FB friends!!! Wishing both Mary and Julie best of luck for their surgeries coming up over the next couple of weeks. 

So because I was away and didn't get home till around 8:30 last night, I didn't do the NAWLS Small bite, so will do two entries in a row.

Appreciate imperfection.
Some of the most precious gems in the world have flaws that do not deminish their worth. When a diamond is a deep yellow or brown, it is considered more valuable. So, what you might assume is a serious flaw is really a great strength. 


Do you judge yourself by impossible standards? Do you berate yourself for lack of perfection? Your flaws make you unique and precious. Your sensitivity means you are compassionate. Not looking perfect makes you approachable. Surviving pain brings others hope. You are not a worthless rock; you are a precious gem. 


Action for the day:
Think of three people you admire. In your journal, describe thair flaws. How do their flaws make them unique and precious? What flaws might people appreciate in you?



© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.

So, I am not going to have time to do this and will think about who I admire over the day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment