Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Laugh to lighten your load

Had another rough day, a major headache when I woke up and it took 3 lots of pills for it to come right. Not nice!!

Today's NAWLS Small Bite. 

Laugh to lighten your load.
Laughing releases endorphins, those chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. Even if you dont feel like laughing, the act of laughing will make you rfeel better. If your goal is to feel better - healthier, hapier, more relaxed - then adding laughter to your day makes sense. 

Exercising your mental happiness is as important as exercising your body. Think of it is internal aerobics. Strenghthen your sense of humour so that when strain and after strain is beating you down, you can fight back with laughter. 

Action for the day:
No matter how silly you feel, set a timer and laugh for three minutes today - whether you feel happy or not. See what happens!


© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.
Yup laughing certainly makes you feel a whole heap better. I know for me when I am nervous though I get the giggles and can't stop. The last time I did this was with Annie on the way back to Wellington from our 6 week post op check. The flight was so rough and I was a little scared.....not as much as Annie though, and I can tell you, I got a fit of the giggles and I had to work so hard to surpress them.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, inappropriate giggling, I tend to get the giggles when I am nervous (either that or I talk fast & won't shut up), mind you I also cry at the drop of a hat so I am a hopeless case.

    I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete