Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Develop a water strategy

Thanks for the feedback about my hair. I hope to be getting a better picture of it at some point, but for now that will do. Oh to Penny, Yes I do like salad, and we have been eating alot of it recently, and adding things like prawns and spicey gluten free sausages, however it is not food that really does it for me, it still feels too much like being on a diet....and let's face it, I didn't do very well with dieting.  So on today's topic, one I think a lot of us struggle with.

Develop a water strategy.
Do you find it difficult to drink enough water each day? If so, it's time to think up a strategy to help you meet your water-sipping goal. 

Try filling a 32 ounce (1 litre) water bottle for on the go hydration. Sip on it throughout the day. (You;ll need to refill it once, at some point) Or, you can drink 8 ounces (250 mls)  upon rising, 8 ounces (250 mls) mid morning, 8 ounces (250 mls) before dinner , and 8 ounces (250mls) at bedtime. You can keep bottled water in your car . You can add lemon juice, cucumber slices, or mint leaves to make your water more palatable. Think about what will work for you. Don't let yourself off the hook. You can figure this out. 

Action for the day:
Make a plan for how you will drink 64 oz (2 litres) of water today. and follow it. 

© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.
 So when I add that all up to me it still only looks like 1 litre.......how hard can that be to have those 4 glasses of water throughout the day and then to sip on another 1 litre throughout the day. It shouldn't be hard. 

I have bought sugar free lemon barley to put in my water to make it easier, but I really do think I need to have the other glasses as well. I think for me I will do the glass upon rising, one at morning tea and afternoon tea, 1 before I prepare dinner (about 30 mins before) and 1 at bedtime. That would be a total of 1250 mls, so I only have to get another750 (1 pump bottle) sipped on throughout the day. Seems pretty easy to me!!!!!!!!!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I have an excellent water strategy... don't drink any!
    It's ikky.... DIET COKE is WONDERFUL.... and I'm sure it's made from water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Janine,

    I get what you mean about salad. If I have it for lunch I have to have a slice or two of bread with it or it doesn't do the job (and to be honest, usually with butter! Why don't they have other options in cafes to butter, I wonder?). In the evening, I tend to eat salad and then supplement it with herbal tea with honey or yogurt and fruit for dessert. It isn't perfect by any means. But it won't do the trick every time - too raw feeling in some ways if that makes sense?

    I'm still not sure about gluten free suggestions to supplement the carb need though. Do you find that to be very difficult, or is that just my perception of gluten free coming through? I have also possibly missed any WLS complications having not had that myself.

    Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

    Penny xo

    ReplyDelete