Saturday, January 15, 2011

Surrender

So today is Jackies wedding, and I am enjoying myself in Tauranga with Si. It is our wedding anniversary next weekend, and we are not doing anything in particular, so are using this opportunity to get away on our own as well. 

The NAWLS Small Bite for today is

Surrender.
Some days you may wake up wishing you had the strength to meet the day's WLS demands. Chewing each bite is a challenge. You wish you could gulp a glass of water. You make feel you need additional motivation. 

At these times of struggle, consider surrendering. Use a checklist or food plan as your definitive guide, and skip negotiating with yourself. Better days are ahead. 

Action for the day:
Instead of rebelling to ease your disquiet, surrender to your WLS regimen today. 



© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.
 WOW, almost a light bulb moment.....how much time and energy do I waste trying to fight what I know I need to do, and that is to follow the WLS guidelines set down by my surgeon. I actually made an agreement with him when I first met him that I would come back for the follow up appointments and I would follow the program. I do the follow up sessions, but I fight the program. 
Why waste the energy fighting it, is it not just less stress just to follow it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment